Summer Intensive & Fall YTT
Summer Intensive from July 10 – 30th.
This summer Transformational Yoga Teacher Training turns its attention towards the current plague of addiction and mental illness. Engaging students on both the physical and neurological levels, this training is designed to transform students, teachers and communities alike.
This 3 week intensive integrates both western science and eastern medicine including training in neurology, psychiatry and yoga therapeutics. This is a holistic approach to addressing substance abuse, anxiety, depression , (and other mood disorders) and providing solutions for clients who live with these challenges. The anatomy curriculum of Orthopedic Yoga Therapy combined with trauma sensitive education and addiction recovery, provides a full spectrum approach for working with clients on both an individual and group level.
The program is a comprehensive Yoga Alliance approved Transformational Yoga Teacher Training and can be used for 200 hour certification, or towards 500 hour advanced certification or our 1,000 hour Orthopedic Yoga Therapy degree. There is also a way to combine the specialty workshops of this unique program with our 6 month program for those wanting a 200 hour teaching certification but not able to attend the intensive training. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or feel free to attend our info session at 10:30 am on Saturday June 17th to get all your questions answered. Michelle will be teaching a class at 8:30am before hand on that day if you would like to check out her teaching style.
Our staff for this amazing training features:
- Michelle Fleming, Yoga Therapist, ERYT-500 Director of Sanctuary Studios, Founder of Transformational Yoga, and Orthopedic Yoga Therapy. Michelle Fleming has been certifying yoga teachers for almost 12 years now. She is the founder of Orthopedic Yoga Therapy, and Transformational Yoga Teacher Trainings as well as the Director of Sanctuary Studios. She teaches people to empower themselves at their deepest levels and find their passion for life. She also runs a scholarship program called Equilibrium, designed to give young people who suffer from anxiety and mood disorders access to holistic health care.
- Dr Nicole M. Absar MD, RYT, Behavioralist, Psychiatrist and Founder of Yoga for Brain Disorders. Dr. Absar is a Diplomate in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry, and certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She has taught at at Harvard Medical School, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, and Tufts Medical School as faculty before becoming the Medical Director of The Senator William and Ellen Proxmire Memory Clinic. Dr. Absar is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology and a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is a certified yoga teacher who specializes in yoga therapy for brain disorders.
- Dr Kristen E. Anderson, M.Ed., M.S., LMHC, Ph.D. is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a PhD in Gerontology. At High Point Treatment Center she created and facilitates the curriculum for the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP); works individually with clients on mental health and substance abuse treatment goals; teaches Group Theory at Bridgewater State University; and maintains a small private practice in Plymouth. She is a Transformational Yoga teacher and looks forward to finding new ways to integrate the important work here at the Sanctuary with her past and most recent education!
- Elisha Fernandes Simpson RCYT, E-RYT-200, YACEP is the founder of the nonprofit Crossover Yoga Project (CYP), with the mission to empower young at-risk girls to overcome trauma and move towards positive change through yoga and art. Introduced to Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY) by David Emerson and Jenn Turner from the Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Initiative in Brookline, MA she has been teaching trauma informed classes throughout Westchester County.
- Dr. Callahan received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Rochester in 1986 and specializes in the performance of neuropsychological evaluations of children, adolescents and adults. He has a private practice in Sandwich, MA and serves as a psychologist and consultant to St. Vincent’s Home in Fall River . He is the author of The Thrycean Glass. Thrycean Glass is a revival of the classical fairy tale genre written by Dr. Callahan as a gift to his children.
- Sanctuary Studios, Plymouth, MA – July 10-30th
- Mons + Weds + Sats 8:30a-6p
- Tues + Thus + Fris 8:30a-9:30p
- +20 hours of practicum work to graduate; can be completed at own pace
- Option to be part of mentorship program in the Girls camp Jul 31st – Aug 4th which would cover practicum hours
Yoga as Art meets Yoga as Science in this six-month Vinyasa certification with a focus on the therapeutic and healing nature of the practice. Facilitating transformation in teachers and students alike, our 200 Hour Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists-approved training will fully prepare you to teach informed yoga classes ranging from gentle and therapeutic to sweaty and exhilarating. This is also the first step toward your 500 Hour Advanced Certification or our 1000 Hour Yoga Therapy Degree.
At Sanctuary Studios, we train a different kind of Yoga Teacher: one who understands that all bodies are different, and so are all yoga practices. Gain a deeper understanding of anatomy, and how your classes can protect & nurture clients with everything from back pain to sports injuries to depression and anxiety, all while bringing them to a more balanced, peaceful place. You won’t be just another teacher barking orders at the gym; you’ll truly understand how yoga works, why it works, and how it can truly transform your life.
Locations & Times:
- Real Life Yoga, Quincy, MA – Tuesdays, 6:30p-9:30p beginning 9/12
- The Yoga Collaborative, Falmouth, MA – Wednesdays, 11:30a-2:30p beginning 10/4
- Sanctuary Studios, Plymouth, MA – Thursdays, 11:30a-2:30p beginning 10/5
- Sanctuary Studios, Plymouth, MA – Thursdays, 6:30p-9:30p beginning 1/11
Fall YTT Required Workshops:
- A&P Functional and Facial Anatomy for Yoga Teachers, taught by Michelle Fleming, 10/14 + 15, 10a-5p
- Introduction to Ayurveda, taught by Valerie Lauro, 11/5, 10a-5p
- Anatomy of the Energy Body, taught by Ray Crist, 11/18, 10a-5p
- Energy Medicine, taught by Ray Crist, 11/19 10a-5p
- Intro to Yin Yoga and Vipasana Meditation, taught by Chip Hartfranft, 12/10, 10a-5p
- Yoga Detox and Cleansing, taught by Michelle Fleming, 1/19, 6p-9p
- Intro to Touch, taught by Michelle Fleming, 1/20 + 21, 10a-5p
- Philosophy of Yoga taught by Chip Hartranft, 2/4, 10a-5p
- Chakra Vinyasa, taught by Michelle Fleming, 2/6, 10a-5p
- Modifications and Sequencing for Transformation, taught by Michelle Fleming, 2/7 + 8, 10a-5p
- Our six month 200 hour training is $3,000
- For Fall early bird special save $300 when you enroll and pay in full by Aug 15th
- Fall payment plan options available, see below
- The July Intensive training qualifies for Mass Rehab Grants. Learn more here to see if you qualify for grant support
Payment Plan Options:
- An initial non-refundable deposit of $750 followed by a monthly payment of $375 over a course of 6 months.
- Please contact us to discuss other payment plans or inquire about our Work Study program.
Payments can be made online, by phone, mail, or in person. We accept Visa, Mastercard & Discover credit cards, cash, checks, and money orders.
Do you have questions about our YTT programs?
Sanctuary Studios director Michelle Fleming is offering FREE info sessions about our upcoming Yoga Teacher Training sessions! Find out if Transformational Yoga Teacher Training is right for you, and what makes this program different than other programs. Come prepared with any questions you may have, or come just for the experience, there is no pressure to sign up!
FREE INFO SESSION:
Upcoming on Sat, Jun 17th at 10:30a
Interested in YTT?