We’re proud to offer an exciting variety of workshops and trainings to supplement your professional toolbox. Yoga instructors, doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers, teachers, parents, and many others will all find benefit in our offerings.
Michelle’s Yoga Teacher Training is truly transformational, for the body, mind and soul. She shares her wealth of knowledge and love for the practice with enthusiasm, from a place of pure authenticity, challenging you to discover your own unique strengths, and unlocking potential you never imagined was hidden within. Her unique curriculum is flexible, offering opportunities to explore those paths that interest you most, and learn from other fabulous teachers as well in a supportive, nurturing environment.
This course provided me with not only a treasure trove of tools and knowledge to help me teach yoga in a way that truly honors each individuals body, but also a deeper connection to self, inner strength, confidence and an unexpected journey of self discovery. I am a happier, healthier, stronger woman with newfound vitality, open to the endless opportunities of each new day.
— Alison Arendt, Thai Massage Therapist and Mother of three
Upcoming Yoga Teacher Training Session
- Michelle Fleming, Yoga Therapist, ERYT-500 Director of Sanctuary Studios, Founder of Transformational Yoga, and Orthopedic Yoga Therapy. Michelle Fleming has been certifying yoga teachers for almost 12 years now. She is the founder of Orthopedic Yoga Therapy, and Transformational Yoga Teacher Trainings as well as the Director of Sanctuary Studios. She teaches people to empower themselves at their deepest levels and find their passion for life. She also runs a scholarship program called Equilibrium, designed to give young people who suffer from anxiety and mood disorders access to holistic health care.
- Dr Nicole M. Absar MD, RYT, Behavioralist, Psychiatrist and Founder of Yoga for Brain Disorders. Dr. Absar is a Diplomate in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry, and certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She has taught at at Harvard Medical School, the University of Massachusetts Medical School, and Tufts Medical School as faculty before becoming the Medical Director of The Senator William and Ellen Proxmire Memory Clinic. Dr. Absar is an active member of the American Academy of Neurology and a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and is a certified yoga teacher who specializes in yoga therapy for brain disorders.
- Dr Kristen E. Anderson, M.Ed., M.S., LMHC, Ph.D. is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor with a PhD in Gerontology. At High Point Treatment Center she created and facilitates the curriculum for the Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP); works individually with clients on mental health and substance abuse treatment goals; teaches Group Theory at Bridgewater State University; and maintains a small private practice in Plymouth. She is a Transformational Yoga teacher and looks forward to finding new ways to integrate the important work here at the Sanctuary with her past and most recent education!
- Elisha Fernandes Simpson RCYT, E-RYT-200, YACEP is the founder of the nonprofit Crossover Yoga Project (CYP), with the mission to empower young at-risk girls to overcome trauma and move towards positive change through yoga and art. Introduced to Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY) by David Emerson and Jenn Turner from the Trauma Center at the Justice Resource Initiative in Brookline, MA she has been teaching trauma informed classes throughout Westchester County.
- Dr. Callahan received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Rochester in 1986 and specializes in the performance of neuropsychological evaluations of children, adolescents and adults. He has a private practice in Sandwich, MA and serves as a psychologist and consultant to St. Vincent’s Home in Fall River . He is the author of The Thrycean Glass. Thrycean Glass is a revival of the classical fairy tale genre written by Dr. Callahan as a gift to his children.
- Mons + Weds + Sats 8:30a-6p
- Tues + Thus + Fris 8:30a-9:30p
- +20 hours of practicum work to graduate; can be completed at own pace
- Option to be part of mentorship program in the Girls camp Jul 31st – Aug 4th which would cover practicum hours
- $3,000 upfront total
- Flex-payment options available
- The July Intensive training qualifies for Mass Rehab Grants. Learn more here to see if you qualify for grant support
If you are interested please email us at: email@example.com
Falmouth: Tuesday afternoons 11:30 – 2:30 PM
- The Yoga Collaborative
- 75 County Rd, North Falmouth MA
- Starting Tues Jan 10
Plymouth: Thursday evenings 6:30 – 9:30 PM
- Sanctuary Studios
- 47 Main Street, 2nd Floor Downtown Plymouth, MA 02360
- Starting Thurs Jan 12
- January 14 2017, 10-5, Yogic Detox & Cleansing, taught by Michelle Fleming
- January 15, 2017, 10-5, A&P Functional and Fascial Anatomy for Yoga Teachers, taught by Michelle Fleming
- January 22 2017, 10-5, History of Yoga, taught by Chip Hartranft
- February 11, Teaching Yoga to Children of All Abilities, taught by Suzanne Higgins
- February 12, 10-5, Intro To Acro Yoga, taught by Tamreh Herlihy
- March 5 2017, 10-5, Anatomy of the Energy Body, taught by Ray Crist
- March 19 2017, 10-5, Yin Yoga, taught by Chip Hartranft
- March 24 2017, 6-9pm, Chakra Vinyasa, taught by Michelle Fleming
- March 25 2017, 10-5, Sequencing Yoga Classes for Optimal Results, taught by Michelle Fleming
- March 26 2017, 10-5, Utilizing Effective Modifications, taught by Michelle Fleming
- April 22-23 2017, 10-5, Senior Yoga Certification, taught by Sue Thomas