Thai Massage Level 1 Certification
with Carolyn Cohen
April 28th – May 3rd
Thai Massage is a rich and ancient healing art which is highly effective and efficient for both giver and receiver. Sometimes called ‘Lazy Yoga’, it combines passive stretching and pressure point massage along energy lines to relax and vitalize the body, mind, and spirit. This training will provide a solid foundation in the art of Traditional Thai Massage and prepare students to be comfortable giving a basic 90-minute massage.
The full 6-day certification is highly recommended for yoga teachers, physical therapists, and body/mind practitioners of any kind. The first day of the course (Saturday, April 28) is designed as an introduction to the practice and a refresher for past students.
* yoga/movement for Thai Massage practitioners
* body mechanics & principles of Thai Massage
* anatomy & contraindications
* spiritual background of Thai Massage
* cultivation of touch sensitivity
* ethical considerations
* massage sequences for the front, back, and side of the body
* PLEASE PRE-REGISTER AS SPACE IS LIMITED *
$595 for Full Certification (6 days) *Register by Friday, April 6 and save $45*
$150 for the introduction day only (Saturday, April 28)