Belly Dance Basics 6 Week Class
7/17 to 8/21 from
7PM to 8PM
$65 session/ $18 drop in
Give yourself a boost of good belly dance energy every Monday with this 6 week course! Celia will explain the basic movements of belly dance in a fun, energizing way. Each class will include a warm up, exploration of technique, and upbeat combos to get you moving. Learn shimmies, undulations, and snake-like movements. By the end of the course, students will be able to dance a full length beginner choreography. Belly dancing is a great way to connect with music, relax, and exercise. Come shimmy with Celia!
Celia is a warm, highly professional belly dance artist and instructor. She performs regularly as a soloist, creating a unique show that combines lively dancing, sword balancing, LED lights, veil, and hula hoop. She has performed beneath the Parthenon in Athens, Greece, at hookah lounges along the Nile, and in main stage productions here in the U.S.A.. Celia’s work includes full length shows as a core member of Bellybeat Dance Company and featured solos at Lux Hookah Lounge in Plymouth.
Friday Night Belly Dance Party with Celia! Shimmy off the week and kick off the weekend with an introduction to the basics of belly dancing. Celia will provide upbeat music that will make you wanna move, hip scarves, sparkles, bindis, and tons of good energy! Light refreshments will be provided. This is a great opportunity to try belly dance, ask Celia any questions you have about the history and culture of the art form, and have fun!
No matter what the occasion, bring your group into this beautiful space and spend some quality time bonding and breathing together!
Your event will include a private 90 minute yoga class that fits your occasion and your group. You can also add in healing treatments for each guest, and time to relax and enjoy each other’s company!
There are several varieties of class styles to choose from. Each can be designed to fit the theme of your celebration, and modified to accommodate all ages and levels of yogi!
Choose from some of the following or work with us to create the perfect class for your group.
- Transformational Yoga
- Integrated Aerial Yoga
- Partner/Acro yoga
- SUP yoga
- Senior yoga
- Children’s yoga
Contact the studio today for more info and to book your event!
Do what you LOVE, become a yoga teacher!
Yoga as Art meets Yoga as Science in this six-month Vinyasa certification with a focus on the therapeutic and healing nature of the practice. Facilitating transformation in teachers and students alike, our 200 Hour Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists-approved training will fully prepare you to teach informed yoga classes ranging from gentle and therapeutic to sweaty and exhilarating. This is also the first step toward your 500 Hour Advanced Certification or our 1000 Hour Yoga Therapy Degree.
At Sanctuary Studios, we train a different kind of Yoga Teacher: one who understands that all bodies are different, and so are all yoga practices. Gain a deeper understanding of anatomy, and how your classes can protect & nurture clients with everything from back pain to sports injuries to depression and anxiety, all while bringing them to a more balanced, peaceful place. You won’t be just another teacher barking orders at the gym; you’ll truly understand how yoga works, why it works, and how it can truly transform your life.
Locations & Times:
- Real Life Yoga, Quincy, MA – Tuesdays, 6:30p-9:30p beginning 9/12
- The Yoga Collaborative, Falmouth, MA – Wednesdays, 11:30a-2:30p beginning 10/4
- Sanctuary Studios, Plymouth, MA – Thursdays, 11:30a-2:30p beginning 10/5
- Sanctuary Studios, Plymouth, MA – Thursdays, 6:30p-9:30p beginning 1/11
Fall YTT Required Workshops:
- A&P Functional and Facial Anatomy for Yoga Teachers, taught by Michelle Fleming, 10/14 + 15, 10a-5p
- Introduction to Ayurveda, taught by Valerie Lauro, 11/5, 10a-5p
- Anatomy of the Energy Body, taught by Ray Crist, 11/18, 10a-5p
- Energy Medicine, taught by Ray Crist, 11/19 10a-5p
- Intro to Yin Yoga and Vipasana Meditation, taught by Chip Hartfranft, 12/10, 10a-5p
- Yoga Detox and Cleansing, taught by Michelle Fleming, 1/19, 6p-9p
- Intro to Touch, taught by Michelle Fleming, 1/20 + 21, 10a-5p
- Philosophy of Yoga taught by Chip Hartranft, 2/4, 10a-5p
- Chakra Vinyasa, taught by Michelle Fleming, 2/6, 10a-5p
- Modifications and Sequencing for Transformation, taught by Michelle Fleming, 2/7 + 8, 10a-5p
- Our six month 200 hour training is $3,000
- For Fall early bird special save $300 when you enroll and pay in full by Aug 15th
- Fall payment plan options available, see below
Payment Plan Options:
- An initial non-refundable deposit of $750 followed by a monthly payment of $375 over a course of 6 months.
- Please contact us to discuss other payment plans or inquire about our Work Study program.
Payments can be made online, by phone, mail, or in person. We accept Visa, Mastercard & Discover credit cards, cash, checks, and money orders.
In this fun and educational day camp, we empower young women with exercise to address each girl’s strengths, needs, and desires. Yoga flow, the neurology of happiness, Aerial yoga, trust-building exercises, Acro-yoga, art projects, effective communication workshops, hormonal balance teachings and other fun and informative topics will be covered!
Our focus will be on helping girls of all ages to learn a variety of ways to stay healthy, positive, and true to themselves. We’ll also discuss ways to help battle the stress and anxiety of general adolescence and peer pressure, including specific foods, exercises and breathing techniques.
Summer is just around the corner and we’ve added a few new classes to the schedule:
+Suns, 7p, Aerial Yoga for Beginners w/ Amanda
+Weds, 830a, Core Conditioning & Balance w/ Colleen
+Fris, 930a, Aerial Yoga for Beginners w/ Michelle & Stephanie
+Fris, 4:30p, Community Class w/ Chelsea
+Sats, 9a, Kids Class
Sign up now through the MINDBODY app!
Looking for something to do this April vacation? Sanctuary Studios is offering Girls Camp again!
What is it: we come together and learn how to empower each other and ourselves. Move, connect, and play! When: Apr 18-20th; 9:30a-4p / Where: Sanctuary Studios / Who: Girls 7-14 (but we’re flexible here!) Interested? Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org